Slobornpagin Admin replied

293 weeks ago

The The Dead Pool

Show Spoiler

a5c7b9f00b Film director Peter Swan plays a game with his crew know"The Dead Pool", wherein they each choose a set of 10 celebrities who they think will die before the game ends. The winner is the one with most number of dead celebrities. The problems start when the people on Swan's list start to die in mysterious circumstances. Harry is assigned to the case and discovers he is one of the names on Swan's list!
A rock singer, Johnny Squares, who is also a drug addict is found dead of an overdose but there are signs that it was not accidental, so Harry is assigned to investigate. Initially Harry locks horns with Peter Swan, the man who directs the singer's videos. He also crosses paths with a television reporter, Samantha Walker and after being threatened with a law suit, the two of them form a rapport. Harry then discovers that Swan and several other people are playing a game called the dead pool, wherein they make a list of individuals, who are either in bad health or high risk professions, and turns out that Squares was on Swan's list and so are some other people who were murdered, and Harry's also on the list. And someone is following him.
Dirty Harry's last movie The Dead Pool is better then Sudden Impact but notthe first 3 films. In this one Inspector Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) is a local celebrity after having just put away crime lord Lou Janero (Anthony Charnota). But because of this Harry is now being targeted by Janero's henchmen. Meanwhile a movie director named Peter Swan (Liam Neeson) and is crew are playing a game called the dead pool, in which the players make a list of celebrities that they presume will die. One of the names on Swan's list just happens to be Harry. As more and more people die on the list, Harry suspects Swan more and more, but the killer turns out to be someone else. I didn't like this onemuchthe first3 movies, but it was better than Sudden Impact. It was more fun to watch, and felt more like a Dirty Harry film too. The big problem I see with it is that the villain who turns out to be a big and obsessed fan of Sawn really doesn't have a whole lot of depth. We really don't know much about him other than the fact that he really likes Swan's films. It also just seems like it's missing something and wasn't the best film to end the series. But that's just me talking. So I recommend this movie if you liked the others, and want to finish the series.
Clint Eastwood has always been one of my favourite actors, I grew up watching his films on TV. I especially loved his Westerns and the Dirty Harry films. When The Dead Pool was released in 1988 I was at last old enough to go and see it in the cinema, so of course along I went to the cinema with my mates! A bonus was that I was a big fan of Guns n Roses when it came out and one of their songs "Welcome to the Jungle" was used heavily in the film, plus the band made cameo appearances in the movie but I would be lying if I said I noticed them first time round! Even future star Jim Carrey made an appearance creditedJames Carrey, funnily enough he also had a blink and you'll miss him appearance in another Eastwood picture "Pink Caddilack". Anywayfor the film itself, well it's no way neargoodthe original but is arguably better than any of the other sequels. Clint breezes through the film and is at his best here. Liam Neeson is pretty good too although the story isn't particularly great to help them out. Evan Kim is a pretty bland partner for Harry and you are just waiting for him to get killed or ened up in hospital. The film has a great car chase sequence with a neat twista bonus! Also the music score is provided once again by Lalo Schifrin andever is great. All in all The Dead Pool is a very entertaing film which Dirty Harry or Eastwood fans will love, anyone else might find it a bit daft. A fitting send off for Harry Callahan and second only to the excellent original. ***7/10***
The Dead Pool is not a subtle movie or a bloodless one, although it does manage to put its own twist on the usual car chase sequence. [13 Jul 1988, p.59]
The policemen are watching horror movie clips on TV. The UK VHS lacks the parts from The Pack (A woman sitting in a car is being attacked by dogs) and It's Alive III (The woman in the taxi gives birth to her demon child). There are five: (1) <a href="/title/tt0066999/">Dirty Harry (1971)</a> (1971), (2) <a href="/title/tt0070355/">Magnum Force (1973)</a> (1973), (3) <a href="/title/tt0074483/">The Enforcer (1976)</a> (1976), (4) <a href="/title/tt0086383/">Sudden Impact (1983)</a> (1983), and (5) The Dead Pool (1988).
the Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer hindi dubbed free downloadPinochestein 3d in hindi free downloadGhost Family full movie in hindi free download hd 720pNaked Shadows hd full movie downloadHenry V full movie in hindi 1080p downloadCaprica song free downloadthe Episode 2.19 full movie in hindi free download hdtamil movie The Oklahoma Cyclone free downloadAmateur Hour in hindi free downloadBacklash torrent

last edited 215 weeks ago by Slobornpagin
Please log in to post a reply.